Life Time Academy is your path to becoming a qualified personal trainer, not just a certified one. We set you up for long-term career success. Life Time Academy is a state-licensed career academic institution in the area of professional fitness training formed through a unique partnership with NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine). Find out more information here.
To deliver an innovative, science-based curriculum that emphasizes hands‑on, real-life training in a premier fitness setting, that creates Life Time Academy certified Fitness Professionals who realize immediate success in their career.
Who the program is for:
The passionate individual who is looking for everything you need to become a fully qualified AND certified Personal Trainer.
Ideal for students with some or no prior educational experience in health or fitness training.
Students looking for comprehensive training classes that combine online, classroom, and a hands-on learning environment.
Perfect for students who don’t want to spend 2 to 4 years in a degree program, but want more than an online certification.
Length of program: 40 weeks, including the Fitness Capstone Externship.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Kinesiology of human movement
- Corrective exercise and injury prevention
- Nutrition and supplementation
- Advanced Techniques in Program Design
- Special Populations
- Metabolic training and testing
- Sports performance and conditioning
- Business & Communications
- Leadership, Business and Sales
- Exercise psychology and lifestyle coaching
- Fitness business administration
- Certification exam preparation
Students will earn their:
Life Time Academy Graduate Certificate
Students are prepared to take their NASM credentialing exams and it is included as part of the program:
NASM CPT — Certified Personal Trainer
NASM CES — Corrective Exercise Specialist
NASM PES — Performance Enhancement Specialist
If a student holds a current degree in the Exercise Sciences they may be eligible to fulfill the prerequisites of the accelerated program. To qualify a student will need to score an 85% or better in each course competency exam to be exempt from the course.
A student may choose to complete assessment exams for the following courses:
- Kinesiology of Human Movement
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Physiology
A testing fee will be assessed prior to attempt of each exam. If the student successfully passes the exam, they will be given course credit and tuition will be adjusted accordingly. If a student is currently a NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) and holds their Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) certification, they may be eligible to fulfill the prerequisites of the Externship accelerated program.
- Tempe, AZ, USA
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Sandy Springs, GA, USA
- Vernon Hills, IL, USA
- Rochester Hills, MI, USA
- St Louis Park, MN, USA
- Summerlin South, NV, USA
- Austin, TX, USA
- Houston, TX, USA
- Plano, TX, USA
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Reston, VA, USA
What makes Life Time Academy different?
- Experiential hands-on learning in a premier fitness facility.
- NASM recognized training model and curriculum, focused on scientific, evidence-based research.
- Instructor-led courses. Hybrid learning environment. The flexibility of online learning supported by weekly classroom labs.
- An 8-week externship as a capstone to student learning.
- Faculty who are working professionals in the industry.
- Potential employment opportunities at Life Time Fitness